Saturday 12 June 2010

I've landed!

Hello Everyone,

I have landed safe and sound. I have been reunited with Lee and Leslie and Esther (the Ugandan woman who runs the guesthouse) and it was wonderful to meet them! Spent my first day with Leslie and two other volunteers doing some work in Buikwe village. Besides that, the electricity has been out until now and the internet is slow. I will try to blog again soon. Am off to Lugazi tomorrow to my placement. I cannot wait to see my host family, Valence, Doreen and their son Joe! I have missed them so much.

That's all for now,
Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you have landed safely. Have fun, and beeee careful!!!!!

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney!

    It is so good to hear that you have arrived safe and sound! It is so wonderful to know that there are brave people like you (with such noble aspirations) making the world a better place. Keep up the good work and please keep us updated. Be safe, careful, and have a great time!

    You're in my thoughts and prayers,
    Oksana

    ReplyDelete